Apps for Action
I just ran across another great way to combine technology and raise money for charity. A company called Apps for Action, an Android app, that recommends apps to you and each time you download a free app, 25 cents is donated to your favorite charity.
The CEO and co-founder Cuy Sheffield says that “this is not meant as a replacement for volunteering time, or for individuals donating greater amounts of money. But it is meant to be a tool for individuals to incorporate into their existing behavior as a means of making a difference.”
He and his team were inspired by similar initiatives called:
Tab for a Cause — which allows users to raise money each time they open a new tab when surfing the web.
Picture Healing — raises money each time they share a photo from their phone.
Good search — allows them to raise money each time they search online.
All of these sound like cool programs and Apps For Action is coming to the iPhone soon, so I will be able to check it out and see what we think!
- Kamrie’s Colorful Creations
- 10 Year Old Stands up for his Friend
- Free Comic Book Day
- Eco Green Dog Campaign
- The Chocolate Bar raises $200,000
- Money Raised using M&M tubes
- 13 year old Inspired 6th graders to Change the World
- Tennis Tournament for Charity
- Kids on Bikes Raise $200,000
- Digital Tools Make a Difference