Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund
Forrest, I liked your blog about the film camp for kids. It is interesting all the different types of camps that are out there to attend.
I just read about a fund that has been set up to provide summer camp opportunities for kids in need in Central New Jersey, called the Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund.
Recently they received a $25,000 donation from the Christine’s Hope for Kids Foundation, which was set up by John and Jean Gianacaci in memory of their daughter Christine, a student at Lynn University who died at 22 in the Haiti earthquake. Her passion was to help children.
Since starting Christine’s Hope for Kids Foundation $140,000 has been gifted to help about 3,000 children.
Meanwhile, the Times-Kiwanis Camp Fund, now in its 57th year, hoped to raise $25,000 to send children with financial or special needs to summer camp. That $2,500 donation will help, but more donations are needed.
I bet there will be a lot of happy children if they got to go to any of the fun camps that you guys have been blogging about!
- Money Raised using M&M tubes
- 13 year old Inspired 6th graders to Change the World
- The One Fund Boston
- Tennis Tournament for Charity
- Town Residents Adopt 76 Children
- Kids on Bikes Raise $200,000
- Digital Tools Make a Difference
- Katie’s Krops, Chief Gardening Officer
- In Honor of Earth Day
- 13 Year Old Entrepreneur — Greyson MacLean